Are you interested in having your child participate in a fun science activity that teaches programming?
The Embodied Learning and Experience (ELX) Lab at the University of Florida is looking for children to
help us design computer programming apps to conduct science experiments.
WHO WE NEED
– Children, ages 10-11.
– All children welcomed. No programming experience required.
WHAT THEY WILL DO
– Your child will be asked to help conduct a science experiment over Zoom, answer interview questions, and design ways to make programming apps easier to understand science by drawing using an online tool.
– The estimated time this would take is 1 hour.
WHEN & WHERE
– Sessions will be scheduled based on your and your child’s availability.
– Parents or guardians do not need to be present for the entirety of the session.
– Conducted online (computer/laptop and internet connection required, availability of a webcam is preferred but not necessary)
For your child’s participation, we will be providing a $10 gift card to parents via email after completion of the study! We will be very grateful to parents/guardians and children who can help us!
If you are interested in your child participating, please contact Sarah Brown for more information and to schedule a time slot.