This newly started project funded through the National Science Foundation aims to support science learning and computational thinking through modeling science concepts with maker-based programming activities. This is in collaboration with our colleagues at Texas A&M University, who will be deploying these activities and a scaffolded programming interface in local Texas schools, in 5th- and 6th-grade classrooms. Due to this research being in its early stages, more details on the project and publications are forthcoming.
PROJECT TEAM MEMBERS
- Dr. Sharon Lynn Chu (ELX Lab Director)
- Sarah Brown (Ph.D. Student, Computer Information Science & Engineering)
- Amar Suchak (Undergraduate student, Computer Information Science & Engineering)
- Dr. Francis Quek (College of Architecture, Texas A&M University)
- Dr. Gardner-McCune (Computer & Information Science & Engineering, University of Florida)
- Dakota Rennemann (Undergraduate student, Computer Information Science & Engineering)